1. This is catch-up for about 3 weeks because I missed my deadline the last two weeks.
2. We wanted a smaller diaper bag that would still go over the shoulder, so we got Tyler a Diaper Dude diaper bag.
3. Mason has super-allergies, apparently. I didn't know you can get a low-grade fever with allergies, but apparently you can. Add that to teething, and we had an unhappy baby 2 weeks ago. He's doing better now, but we can't take him outside.
4. Mason is a super smiley baby, and he has an infectious giggle. Tyler cracks me up when he makes Mason giggle, which makes Lincoln giggle. And listening to my boys giggle of course makes me giggle. Watch this. You'll laugh, too.
5. We're in the process of cutting the cable. I could go cold-turkey and be pretty content, but Tyler is a news junkie, so we're getting a digital antenna and Hulu Plus (we already have Amazon Prime). Any other suggestions? (We nixed Netflix in favor of Amazon Prime.)
6. Lincoln cracks us up with how he talks to us the same way we talk to him. Makes sense, of course, but it's so cute to hear a 3-year-old discipline and encourage. The latest example:Lincoln requested a sandwich for dinner the other night, and when I handed it to him, he said, “No, mom. It needs peanut butter.” I told him it had peanut butter, and he started to open the sandwich saying, “Let me check.” Then, “Oh, it DOES have peanut butter! Good job, mom!”
7. We've decided to run the Firecracker 5k on July 4th. It's along the greenway at 8 am. I'm already bracing myself for the heat!
8. If you're local, go check out Yogurt Mountain. It's in Jones Valley, a few doors down from Roosters. And it's delicious. I already need some more of that red velvet cupcake frozen yogurt. And probably the cake batter as well.
9. The Easter Bunny brought Mason a tablet. I kid you not, they make them for 3m+ now. So Mason has his bright starts tablet, Lincoln has his LeapPad, and Tyler and I have iPads. Guess which one Lincoln likes best?
10. I think we have 30-day food storage in our future. This site makes it seem very do-able.